How a Bail Bonds Company In Canton Deals With Missed Hearings

by | Jul 31, 2014 | Bail Bond Service

Latest Articles




When your family member was arrested, you may have decided to get a bail bond for them so they could be released as quickly as possible. By doing so, however, you were also guaranteeing they, or their legal representative, would attend all mandatory hearings. If they missed a hearing, you may have to pay the full amount of the bond back as the bond contract will then be considered broken, and their will be a warrant for their arrest.


If you paid for the bond by giving the Bail Bonds Company In Canton a percentage of the full bail amount, you will be required to pay the remainder of the bond. For instance, if you paid 10% of the bond, you will owe the bondsman the remaining 90% when the person misses their hearing. The payment is due immediately, but your bonds company may be able to give you a short amount of time to get the money together.


If you paid for the bond using collateral, in most cases you will forfeit your collateral. Sometimes, a Bail Bonds Company In Canton will work with you and allow you to pay the bond in full and then receive your collateral back. Often though, the bail amount is too large and this is hard to do. If you do end up forfeiting your collateral, the bonding company will then take possession of your car, home or other item you used as collateral.

Bench Warrant

After they have missed a hearing, the bondsman will have a bench warrant issued for their arrest. If they are stopped by the police for any reason they will be arrested. They will then have to remain in jail until their hearings are completed.

If you’ve received a bond from and you think the person you helped may miss a hearing or if they already have, contact them to see how they can help you. If the person hasn’t missed the hearing yet, they may be able to impress upon them just how important the hearing is. They may also have other ideas for how you can help make sure the person goes to their hearings so you don’t have to repay the full amount or forfeit your collateral.

870041_l          15623915_l

Similar Articles